Philosophy Behind the Twelve Mythic Paths®
Underneath all of life’s challenges are lessons waiting to be learned as a part of an individual’s evolutionary process. To best facilitate this growth, a person’s higher self chooses what you might call a “path of development.” Each path is associated with one of the four elements (earth, water, air, or fire) and each element inherently encompasses certain life lessons, struggles, imbalances, and dynamics that become the core of a person’s inner and outer (relational) development. The element associated with a person’s path of development is called their “element of transformation.”
In the process of actualizing one’s creative potential, paths from each of the four elements are explored. However, a person always comes back to the core lessons associated with their element of transformation—moving through deeper layers of their lessons in each phase of their life. This repetition creates themes in a person’s life and is what makes their life mythic. Within this mythic framework, a person’s life journey is completely unique yet grounded in their element of transformation. Your element of transformation is the earth element.
Principle of Mythic Transformation
Recognizing your life as a mythic journey awakens you to the evolutionary impulses of your soul and the life lessons you have chosen to learn in order to ultimately lead you to the actualization of your sacred calling.
Walking the Mythic Paths of the King/Queen
The Earth Paths – The mythic paths of the King and Queen focus on learning lessons around relationships and on creating “right” environment. Generating and maintaining the structures that support your creative potential and the potential of others are at the core of these paths. A preliminary step to these processes includes recognizing the beliefs that are keeping you from seeing yourself and the world around you through the lens of unlimited possibilities. Misplaced responsibility—carrying other people’s issues, pain, or burden—is also common on these paths. This can be transcended by learning how to be reliable to yourself, by bringing in more lightness and playfulness into your life, and by learning communication and interpersonal skills that support personal empowerment.Clarity on these earth paths comes out of understanding relationship and group dynamics, including realizing that the thoughts and feelings you are experiencing may be interconnected with your surroundings and with your loved ones. Whether you create a life in which you share your wisdom in a way that benefits you and others, often comes down to how much you allow yourself to be held back by your self-image and self-esteem. Being clear about your core beliefs and values, and having integrity at the foundation of your relationships, leads to an authentic vision for your life and your vision for humanity. As you share your gifts and wisdom you naturally attract the community and connection you so value and desire.
The Three Earth Paths
The three earth paths outlined below relate to how you respond to situations in your life and how you use your energy and creative life force. If your orientation or your energy is more toward the outer world (extroverted), then the lessons and opportunities on the Path of Understanding are more applicable for your life journey. If your orientation and energy is focused more on your inner world (introverted), then the lessons and opportunities on the Path of Perseverance are essential for your life journey. If you tend to vacillate between these two ways of engaging life based on your environment and the people around you, then the lessons and opportunities on the Path of Harmony are needed for your life journey. With that said, it is also possible to bounce back and forth between all three paths within a given day, during a specific life event, or around a particular theme in your life. This is why it is important to become familiar with all three paths.
The Active Earth Path of Understanding – The key for this path is to build inner confidence and personal empowerment through enhanced communication and relationship skills. The goal is to recognize the hidden dynamics behind other people’s behavior, their points of view, their feelings, and, especially, their deeper needs.
The Passive Earth Path of Perseverance – The key movement for this path is to gather the needed conviction, strength, and patience to transcend your limiting beliefs and to overcome both the inner and outer challenges that naturally arise as you work towards transforming yourself and move toward manifesting your dreams.
The Adaptive Earth Path of Harmony – The key for this path is to identify your core values and the vision you have for your life and for humanity in general. Through this clarity, you attract the community that supports your creative gifts and the people who are synergistically aligned with your inner truth.
Navigating your mythic path and feeling empowered in your relationships, and in your life as a whole, comes out of paying attention to the degree of inner peace and clarity you are experiencing at any given time. Recognizing what you need from your environment and your relationships in order to fulfill your sacred calling comes out of embracing “air”—utilizing imagination, adopting a fluid, enlivened approach to thinking, and recognizing the higher vision you have for your life. Having this clarity aligns your relationships, organizes your life, and guides you along your path.
Principle of Mythic Transformation
Recognizing the themes, motifs, patterns, and dynamics that are a part of your life’s journey empowers you to make decisions that are reflective of your truth and allows you to evolve and grow through each and every phase of your life.
Ways to Explore the Earth Paths
- What do you picture when you think about the King or Queen archetype? If you could look at the King/Queen part of yourself in the mirror, what would he or she look like? Before receiving this overview, did you see yourself as a King or Queen in some aspect of your life? If so, in what capacity? If not, why? What does the King/Queen part of you want you to do with your life right now?
- Explore the degree to which your physical environment supports and nourishes you, and how dynamics in your relationships may have left you feeling disempowered. Reflect on the times when not having a nourishing environment or supportive relationships led you to experience a painful or unpreferred life event. Take one of those events and replay the situation over in your mind’s eye. Imagine creating the environment and relationships you believe would have brought you the most desirable end result. Activate all of your senses during the visualization, embody it fully so it feels as if you are experiencing it in the present moment. Do this daily for a minimum of 21 days in order to establish an embodied awareness around the relationships and structures that produce the results you want in your life.
- Identify the core beliefs that impact your outlook on life and prevent you from creating the kingdom or queendom you desire.
- Practice recognizing who you are as an individual separate from your environment and from those around you. How does it feel to be you without anyone else’s values, beliefs, or energy in the mix?
A declaration, versus an affirmation, is an intention to take action in a particular way or to adopt a certain way of being in the world. Using declarations is a great way to stay energetically connected to what you want to create in your life and a powerful way to remind yourself of the core life lessons that are a part of your mythic journey. Below are declarations that focus on the healing movements and goals for a person walking an earth path.
- I choose to let go of taking on responsibility for things that are outside my control.
- I am ready, willing, and able to release the past and focus on taking positive steps that transform my life now.
- I commit to only playing with people who are in alignment with my core values now.
- I choose to ask for the support I need to achieve my life goals.
- I commit myself to staying connected to my integrity and core values regardless of who I spend time with.
- I release carrying other people’s issues, pain, and burden now.
- Even if it is uncomfortable, I choose to share my core needs and feelings with others now.
- I choose to learn the communication skills necessary to feel empowered in my relationships now.
- I choose to create an environment that produces inner peace and serenity.
- I release perpetuating situations that make me feel disempowered now.
- Regardless of my fears, I choose to embrace change and go after what I want in my life.